Dr. O’Donnell is dedicated to providing superior implant dentistry and is thrilled to be offering dental implant technology and treatment that is cutting edge. This technology allows patients to experience efficient, stress free treatment.
Dr. O’Donnell is a Fellow in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists and has made implant dentistry a large focus in his practice. A missing tooth often presents the dentist’s biggest technical challenge. Dr. O’Donnell has you covered; he has been placing implants since 2007 and restoring them for over 14 years so you can rest assured that you are in excellent hands! He will create a treatment plan based on your specific needs and goals for your healthy smile.
Your health and safety are paramount. Dr. O’Donnell uses methods that work to preserve healthy oral tissues, limit trauma to the underlying bone and accelerate overall recovery.
When it comes to placing dental implants, you can expect a superior experience with Dr. O’Donnell. He is considered a leader in 3D planning and fully-guided implant surgery. Using advanced technology and a keen understanding of successful dental implants, he can replace your missing teeth using the most conservative and effective techniques possible. Rebuild your smile, self confidence and quality of life today!
WHY DO I NEED A DENTAL IMPLANT?
Missing teeth can undermine a person’s self confidence and quality of life. Not only can missing teeth compromise eating habits, speech and appearance, the condition can also lead to bone loss in the jaw and the abnormal shifting of the other teeth as well as bite problems. A majority of the problems experienced with other tooth replacement therapies have been answered with the invention of dental implants. Also, a patients age is no barrier to the success of implants so it is never too late to have a tooth or teeth replaced.
WHAT IS A DENTAL IMPLANT?
A dental implant is a safe, durable, permanent way to replace a missing tooth, multiple missing teeth and an incredibly successful addition to treatment that involves the entire mouth. A dental implant is essentially an artificial tooth root that is permanently anchored in the upper or lower jaw bone just like natural teeth. They are composed of two main parts: One is the surgical grade, titanium body that is shaped like a tooth root. It is placed under the gums where the natural tooth was originally and then allowed to integrate into the patient’s jaw before being used to replace teeth or anchor dentures. The second part of a dental implant is the tooth-colored crown that is cemented on the top of the implant. This occurs after healing has completed and can be designed in house using CEREC Technology.
WILL IT HURT?
The dental implant placement is usually simply done with local anesthetic and the procedure is often described as being less traumatic than a tooth extraction.
Dr. O’Donnell is the only dentist along the Gulf Coast to be 3D printing guides for his implant surgeries. One of the many benefits is that guided surgery allows for a faster, more comfortable surgery with better, more efficient dental implant placement. There is seldom much pain or discomfort involved especially in the experienced hands of Dr. O’Donnell.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF IMPLANTS?
Dental implants are an aesthetic, effective solution for tooth loss. A few great benefits to are:
- Natural looking smile: Dental implants are crafted to closely resemble your natural teeth, restoring a natural-looking smile.
- Improved oral health: Since there is no need to alter surrounding teeth to anchor implants, more of your natural teeth are preserved intact, improving long-term oral health. It can truly be a single tooth solution to a single tooth problem.
- Improved speech: With removable, non-anchored dentures, teeth can slip within the mouth, causing slurred or mumbled speech. Dental implants remove that concern.
- Improved comfort: Dental implants avoid the slipping and discomfort of removable dentures.
- Improved function: Dental implants function like your natural teeth, allowing you to eat without pain.
- Durability: With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime.
- Protect healthy bone structure: Empty spaces caused by tooth loss can, over time, lead to deterioration of the jawbone. Since dental implants function like tooth roots, they are able to prevent this type of deterioration, just as natural teeth do.
- Long-term solution: Dentures must be replaced about every 5-7 years. Dental implants, when cared for properly, can last a lifetime.
THE FUTURE OF DENTISTRY IS HERE
Implants are not a new form of treatment but recent developments have made it one of the most successful and predictable treatments that a dentist can offer.
WHAT ARE MY DENTAL IMPLANT OPTIONS?
Depending upon how many teeth need to be replaced, the location of the missing teeth, and the jawbone density of the patient, Dr. O’Donnell may recommend one of several dental implant options during the consultation process. Your dental implant options might include:
Did You Know…That approximately 30 million people live with no natural teeth in one or both jaws? More and more patients are opting for dental implants as a means of tooth replacement. Three million people currently have dental implants and that number is rapidly growing by about 500,000 per year!