Dr. O’Donnell is dedicated to providing superior dentistry and is thrilled to be offering dental technology and treatment that is cutting edge.
He uses the most advanced digital technology available and understands that it is just as important as staying up to date on the latest treatment techniques. Not only do his patients appreciate the thought and effort that goes into the selection of new dental technologies, they also realize the benefits by having more thorough yet less invasive treatments that produce better results! Patients can experience efficient, stress free treatment.
WHAT IS CBCT TECHNOLOGY?
CBCT or Cone Beam Computed Tomography, is an advanced dental imaging technology that allows for an unparalleled view of the teeth and supportive structures within the face. Patients benefit from 3D scans of their teeth and jaws with extraordinary accuracy and detail.
A single 14 second scan is all that is required to provide all the clinical views necessary for making informed diagnoses and confident treatment plans from start to finish.
This system provides Dr. O’Donnell with a larger view of pertinent hard and soft tissue details and maxillofacial anatomy, which aids in treatment planning and administration. In some instances, it allows him to detect potential problematic lesions of the head and neck, cysts, calcifications, and sinus and airway issues.
In this advanced area of dentistry, computer technology helps Dr. O’Donnell design and manufacture various different types of dental restorations including:
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CAD/CAM DENTISTRY?
CAD/CAM offers safety, precision and maximum convenience for patients‘. This technology improves the patients’ experience; they understand their options, their oral health and Dr. O’Donnell’s opinion with this technology in use. It makes dental treatment faster overall and more convenient and comfortable for the patient.
- Restorations are better fitting
- Restorations are more durable
- Restorations are more natural looking
- This technology, along with CEREC, makes same day dentistry a possibility for you
- CAD/CAM can be used to fabricate abutments for dental implants
WHY IS CBCT THE GOLD STANDARD IN IMPLANT DENTISTRY?
Being a Fellow in the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, Dr. O’Donnell has made implant dentistry a hallmark of his practice. The CBCT has become the gold standard for patient care in implant dentistry because:
- 3D images enable Dr. O’Donnell to plan his surgery so he is able to avoid causing damage to nerves and to vital structures, including blood vessels and sinuses.
- This state-of-the-art digital technology is truly one of the most important imaging and diagnostic breakthroughs in modern dentistry.
- It, along with CEREC, allows for a digital workflow and integration of dental implant placement and restoration.
WHY IS INTEGRATION OF CBCT & CEREC IMPORTANT IN IMPLANT PLACEMENT?
- Allows Dr. O’Donnell to direct superb placement of implants. The greatest key to successful implant integration is proper placement. The key to proper placement is precise, careful preoperative planning.
- Dr. O’Donnell is able to design the best fitting crowns to ensure the optimum results in dental implant placement and restoration.
Dr. O’Donnell enjoys taking a patient with no tooth or teeth and being involved at every stage of the implant process until the final restoration is placed. It allows him to be keenly aware of all issues along the way and it creates a less cumbersome and more streamlined process for the patient since all stages are completed in his office