THE FUTURE OF DENTISTRY IS HERE
In today’s world, 3D technology is taking the dental world by storm and Dr. O’Donnell is on board! He is the only dentist along the Gulf Coast to be using 3D printing in his office. He understands the importance of remaining technologically current; in this case, a little ahead of the game. Using the most advanced dental technology available is just as important as staying up to date on the latest treatment techniques.
Not only do his patients appreciate the thought and effort that goes into his selection of new dental technologies, they also realize the benefits by having more thorough yet less invasive treatments that produce better results!
Combining state-of-the-art technology with Dr. O’Donnell’s skill, he is able to offer precise diagnosis and treatment.
WHAT IS 3D PRINTING?
3D printing builds up items by depositing materials layer by layer. The amazing technology can create and replicate objects with an intricacy of detail that other manufacturing methods fail to achieve. Replacements can be created that match the exact grooves and curves desired.
3D printing is faster, more accurate, and more economical for printing dental implant surgical guides as well as orthodontic aligners. Manual model-making is time consuming while this technology allows for multiple appliances to be printed at once. Accuracy is improved since 3D printers convert digital images into physical objects by printing 16-micron-thick layers one on top of the other.
BENEFITS OF 3D PRINTING FOR GUIDED IMPLANT PLACEMENT
- Convenience – all aspects from the CBCT scan to implant surgery are conducted in office, so no need to drive to various locations
- Guide carefully controls how deep the drill goes
- No need for repeated drilling
- Implants last as long as those placed the traditional way
- Faster, more comfortable surgery with better, more efficient dental implant placement
- Patient comfort is always a top priority
CAPABILITIES OF 3D PRINTING IN DENTISTRY
- CONSTRUCT SURGICAL GUIDES: 3D printers can print the drill guides needed to complete dental implant surgeries
- CREATE ORTHODONTIC MODELS: Pre-3D printer technology includes having the patient bite down on gooey, uncomfortable impression material so it could harden into a mold, which becomes the initial model for designing a treatment for braces or Aligner Therapy. This is not so with 3D printing. Dr. O’Donnell can use CEREC technology to scan teeth, design an orthodontic appliance and print the end result in-house.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF 3D PRINTING?
By using innovative technology in CBCT, powerful planning software, and an in-office 3D printer, Dr. O’Donnell can create ultra precise guides for more efficient, predictable, and ultimately successful dental implants.
If you are longing for a straighter smile, you will benefit from 3D printing in aligner therapy. All models and aligners for each stage of treatment are printed in office.
Digital workflow is streamlined and convenient for patients. The key benefits of this technology is the true personalization of the models to each individual patient, and the ability to create these in-house.
This propels Dr. O’Donnell’s ability to render top notch patient care to the next level.
BEAUTIFUL DENTISTRY WITHOUT COMPROMISE
MONDAY – THURSDAY
8:00am – 5:00pm
8:00AM – 12:00PM